Healthy Weight & Wellness
WCI is now providing a proven and innovative approach to improving employee health and lowering employer healthcare costs. Our healthy weight & wellness system measures body composition and metabolic rates to determine the exact caloric intake for each participant.
This program is now a member benefit! Each member organization may send one qualified employee through the full program at no charge (two free for employers with over 200 employees).
"Since starting the bod pod program, my cholesterol levels have improved significantly, my blood pressure is lower than ever, and I was able to reduce my blood sugar levels from a Type 2 diabetic to non-diabetic levels." --Patient (6 weeks into program)
- Unhealthy behaviors lead to increased health risk and eventually to chronic diseases
- Obesity drives chronic conditions that account for at least 75% of most employers' health spend
- This program helps reduce medication use and improve patient risk profiles
- Participating employers have seen an average 3.7 to 1 return on investment
- Bod Pod - Far more accurate and specific than BMI, this device measures the percentage of weight that comes from lean mass vs. fatty tissue. Participants are measured in the Bod Pod every two weeks during the first 12 weeks of the program.
- Metabolic Reading - East participant's resting metabolic rate is measured at the beginning, middle, and end of the full 24-week program, providing the daily caloric level required to achieve optim
- Behavioral Coaching - Beginning the second week of the program, participants meet with a wellness coach to discuss their custom program and their progress. They focus on behavior goals including stress management, sleep, nutrition, and exercise.
- Group Coaching - Participants can participate in a live video group session every other week, or view a recorded session, during the first 12 weeks.
- The program is divided into two, 12-week phases. In phase one (first 12 weeks), participants are coached and measured in the Bod Pod every other week. In phase two (second 12 weeks), participants are coached and measured in the Bod Pod once per month. The full program lasts 24 weeks total.
Call Kit Roberts at 1-800-621-2685 for more information.
The following "Studio Conversation" was recorded during our pilot program in the Fall of 2016. Ronnie Holman, President of RPM Wood Finishes Group, went through the initial program with many of his employees. Watch the video to hear the story of his experience with this program.