WCI's Learning Management System
What is an LMS?
A learning management system (LMS) is a great way for an employer to consolidate all their training videos and company communications in one place, available online anytime, by anyone you want to access it. There are hundreds of LMS systems available on the open market. Low cost systems have very limited capabilities. Full-featured systems are very expensive. Content availability varies widely between systems. But one thing is certain: providing your employees with the opportunity to learn and grow is one of the key factors for employee engagement and retention.
Why choose WCI for your LMS?
As your employer association, this is another way we can offer our members the economy of scale that we are able to leverage on your behalf. WCI offers a highly rated LMS platform, a vast amount of training content, the ability to produce your own content, and personal administrative support from WCI -- all at deeply discounted prices.
Here's an overview of this new member benefit. See below for more details on our system and services.
Want to see it for yourself without pressure or obligation? Submit a request for a free tour here. Or, call WCI's Director of LMS Services, David Snook at 828-210-1203 for more information. You know us; we're here for you.
A "best-in-class" LMS platform
Our platform is provided by DigitalChalk (Sciolytix), a market leader in learning management systems. Their platform fees start at $8,000 per year, but WCI members can utilize this same platform for only $20 per user per year (10-user minimum). Platform access includes all WCI-produced content and the ability to upload and produce your own video content. Or, we'll produce your custom content for you at low cost. Here's how these platform prices compare.
|number of users||WCI member cost||DigitalChalk retail cost|
Content from the "world's largest digital learning library"
WCI members have optional access to around 80,000 video-based training courses through Go1 -- on our platform -- if you need it. Use our curated, flexible "playlists" or tell us what content you need and we'll find it, vet it, and load it into your branded LMS portal. We'll even register your employees for the courses you want them to complete. With our content subscriptions, your employees can take any number of courses at one low price per year. This fee is no more than sending that employee to one seminar per year. Here's how our prices compare to Go1 retail:
|number of content users by tier||WCI member price per subscription||retail price per subscription|
|1 - 100||$140||$170|
|101 - 500||$132||$170|
|501 - 2000||$110||$170|
|2001 - 5000||$88||$144|
Content on virtually any business skill
Here are some general topics available within Go1 content subscriptions, to give you an idea of what's available. Just understand that there are multiple options, subtopics, and extensive programs within each category.
- sales, marketing, customer service
- recruiting, hiring, onboarding, compliance
- first aid, general safety, wellness, industrial safety and hazards
- programs for developing your employees in many ways
- academic and educational programs
- improving your culture, communications, team building, collaboration
- diversity, equity, and inclusion
- training programs for many kinds of computer software as well as IT
- and lots of options for developing your supervisors, managers, and leaders
A real value in LMS
- One place for all your training videos and company communications.
- "Best-in-class" LMS platform capability that costs well below retail.
- The ability to upload and produce your own content, or we'll do it for you.
- Advanced features like course completion monitoring, testing, and report generation.
- Industry leading customer support from Sciolytix.
- Course stop-and-return-later capability like Netflix, on any device.
- Microlearning approach to most courses, making training more effective.
- Optional access to the "world's largest digital learning library" at bulk pricing.
- Services provided through WCI, your partner for enhancing your workplace.
- Personal support from WCI staff, like having a built-in navigator.
The Bottom Line
Every employer needs an effective way to train their employees and communicate with them. In these days of remote services, a good LMS is the preferred, virtual approach. We want to help you get what you need, in a way that saves you more money than your WCI membership costs. How's that for value?
David Snook, WCI Director of LMS Services
[email protected] // 828-210-1203
Compelling reasons for employee development
Survey after survey shows that training is a major driving factor behind employee retention and turnover. A learning management system is the most effective and flexible way to provide the training your employees need and want. Here are some facts from recent research:
- 80% of US workers consider professional development and training programs an important consideration when accepting a new job (American Staffing Association)
- Only 39% say their employer is helping them improve their current skills or gain new skills to do their job better (American Staffing Association)
- 76% of employees want more training and development opportunities (eLearning Industry)
- 46% of employees are considering leaving their current employers because of a lack of training and development (eLearning Industry)
- 58% of employees prefer to learn at their own pace (eLearning Industry)
- Training and support, with continuous learning opportunities, are vital components in the employee experience and a positive work environment (WCI)
"Train people well enough so they can leave and treat them well enough so they don't want to."