It's not a simple thing for employers to stay current and in compliance with the ever-changing laws and best practices of the workplace. WCI can help you attract, train, and retain your most valuable asset--your people--while reducing your risks and improving your bottom line.
Join hundreds of other employers and become a member of WCI. The many resources, opportunities, and workplace solutions can easily enable membership to pay for itself.
- HR Advice & Counsel: unlimited telephone support from experienced professionals
- Attorney Services: four hours of free legal counsel in business and employment law
- Comprehensive Surveys: Wage & Salary Survey, Policy & Benefits Survey, Healthcare Benefits Survey, all updated periodically and free to participating members (discounted to non-participating members)
- Employer News: frequent eBrief newsletters plus other online postings to keep you informed of vital trends, legislation, and guidance for employers
- Networking Events: regional Lunch & Learns as well as HR Roundtables to keep you connected and current
- Compliance Audits: free annual reviews for regulatory compliance in HR or I-9 documentation as well as low-cost handbook reviews
- Online Employer Resources: password access to HR Answers Now toolbox, employment posters and forms, HR Quick Surveys, and legislative updates of importance to employers
- Government Advocacy: WCI is part of the Employers Coalition of North Carolina, which funds lobbying efforts on behalf of NC employers and recently named the #1 nonprofit lobbying organization in NC
- HRCI Re-certification Credit: all PHR/SPHR certified professionals, employed by a WCI member, is eligible for up to 12 re-certification credits. See instructions here. WCI is an approved provider of HRCI continuing education credits.
- Select Training Programs: Our Management Toolbox and Lunch & Learn programs are included in membership, at no charge to members.
- Discounted Training: public, onsite, and online class options in human resources (pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM), supervisory development, software training, quality improvement, and safety compliance
- Insurance Programs: access to innovative and cost-saving healthcare and group insurance plans through our licensed agents
- Annual Events: invitations to our HR Forum, Compensation & Benefits Summit, WCI Annual Meeting, and Scholarship Golf Tournament
- Consulting Services: access to expert help for special projects in human resources, professional recruiting, employee opinion surveys, safety monitoring and consulting, quality initiatives, and more
If purchased separately, these would cost more than $12,000 per year, but are included in your membership dues of only $14.50 per employee per year (minimum $652.50, maximum $5800.00), plus $100 per covered site (minimum $100, maximum $500). Our lobbying efforts on behalf of NC employers are funded by an optional ECNC contribution of $1.05 per employee (maximum $420).
For more information, call us toll free at 800.621.2685.Membership Application