WCI produces several different kinds of surveys for employers that are valuable tools for measuring workplace culture, compensation trends, and specific practices, to help you develop a strategic culture of employee retention.
Employee Opinion Surveys
WCI's Employee Opinion Survey provides management with in-depth analytics, accurate insights, and meaningful measurements of actual workplace culture, complete with WCI expert data interpretation and recommendations. It also includes a proprietary index of engagement and vulnerability.
This is an employee opinion and workplace culture analysis that:
- Asks 27 carefully crafted questions about the company, supervision, work environment, communications, motivation, and support for the company
- This proprietary survey tool is not customizable (ask us about custom employee surveys)
- Measures and builds separate reports for management, technical/professional, and hourly employee groups by shift and supervisor
- Analyzes statistics, critical issues, and culture from statistical and narrative data, supplied by employees and analyzed by experts
- Provides professional recommendations for any area that may need remedial action to ensure good attitudes and employee engagement
- Presents final results to company management in an executive wrap session with documentation
- Improves employee relations, determines union vulnerability, and strengthens employee loyalty
For more information, contact Wendy Ratcliff at 828.667.3311 or [email protected]
HR Quick Surveys
HR Quick Surveys are available only to members and are a great way to find out what other employers are doing in specific areas.
- To view past survey results, go to the HR Quick Survey web page (login required)
- Quick Surveys go out only to those who have signed-up. Participants are notified by email when a survey is open, complete the survey online, and are notified when the results have been compiled.
- To participate in our Quick Surveys, sign up here (login required).
- To request a Quick Survey, submit your question here (login required). We will develop the survey and schedule it.
Wage & Salary Surveys
For 2021, WCI is conducting a new Wage & Salary Survey for our service area (Western North Carolina and beyond). We are using a new platform that will be easier to use and more valuable for our members. Participating members will receive the final report at no charge. Participating non-members will receive those portions of the survey report to which they contributed data at no charge. Access to other surrounding regions will also be available. The final report publication will be in August.
Due to the widespread effects of the coronavirus pandemic, the majority of our survey participants preferred to skip data collection in 2020 or treat the year as an outlier. In its place, we have extrapolated the existing data, in light of the year's dynamics, for an updated version for 2020. It covers the WCI service area and is available at no cost to all WCI members. Access the 2020 WCI Wage & Salary Survey here (member login required).
Policies & Benefits Survey
The 2021-2022 National Policies & Benefits Survey, conducted by WCI and the Employer Associations of America, is now available. This comprehensive survey includes employer data from 1,265 organizations in 13 regions of the US, including the WCI service area. Data is broken down by number of employees, production/maintenance/service workers in union as well as non-union companies, non-exempt clerical/technical workers, and exempt supervisory/managerial/professional workers, in 332 data categories as follows.
- health and welfare benefits (133 data categories)
- retirement benefits (19 data categories)
- miscellaneous benefits (14 data categories)
- pay practices (24 data categories)
- working conditions (68 data categories)
- paid time off (29 data categories)
- part-time employee benefits (7 data categories)
- recruiting, training, and development (24 data categories)
- employee and community relations (7 data categories)
North Carolina Healthcare Benefits & Cost Survey
The North Carolina Healthcare Benefits & Cost Survey is a valuable statewide tool for comparing an organization's medical, dental, and vision costs to market, as well as information needed to manage their employee health plans. The data was obtained from hundreds of employers statewide, is broken down by employer size and industry, and is updated bi-annually. Order Form