WCI produces several kinds of surveys for employers that are valuable tools for measuring workplace culture, statewide trends, and specific practices, to help you develop a strategic culture of employee retention.
Employee Opinion Surveys
WCI's Employee Opinion Survey provides management with in-depth analytics, accurate insights, and meaningful measurements of actual workplace culture, complete with WCI expert data interpretation and recommendations. It also includes a proprietary index of engagement and vulnerability.
This is an employee opinion and workplace culture analysis that:
- Asks 27 carefully crafted questions about the company, supervision, work environment, communications, motivation, and support for the company
- Measures and builds separate reports for management, technical/professional, and hourly employee groups by shift and supervisor
- Analyzes statistics, critical issues, and culture from statistical and narrative data, supplied by employees and analyzed by experts
- Provides professional recommendations for any area that may need remedial action to ensure good attitudes and employee engagement
- Presents final results to company management in an executive wrap session with documentation
- Improves employee relations, determines union vulnerability, and strengthens employee loyalty
For more information, contact Ellen Steele at 828.210.1205 or [email protected]
Wage & Salary Surveys
In 2019, WCI participated in the statewide NC Wage & Salary Survey, which provided comprehensive pay practice and salary data from hundreds of employers throughout North Carolina. Data was collected from over 500 positions, representing over 1000 facilities and 140,000 employees. It is broken down by geographic region, facility size, industry group, and tax status. Order the 2019 NC Wage & Salary Survey here.
Due to the widespread effects of the coronavirus pandemic, the majority of our survey participants preferred to skip data collection in 2020 or treat this year as an outlier. In its place, we have extrapolated the existing data, in light of this year's dynamics, for an updated version for 2020. It covers the WCI service area and will be available at no cost to all WCI members. Access the 2020 WCI Wage & Salary Survey here (member login required).
A National Wage & Salary Survey is also published annually by the Employer Associations of America (EAA). This survey compiles data from 22 participating employer associations (including WCI) across the country for 151 benchmark jobs. It relates to 210,528 employees nationwide, from 46 major metropolitan/regional areas, and includes weighted averages and medians by geographic area. Order the National Wage & Salary Survey here.
Policies & Benefits Survey
In 2018, WCI participated in the statewide NC Policies & Benefits Survey, which provided a detailed, confidential, compilation of data from hundreds of employers statewide, with answers to almost 300 questions. It is extremely useful for assisting management in the evaluation of their company policies and benefit packages. Data is included for voluntary benefits, time off, pay practices, retirement plans, workplace culture, recruitment & staffing, and termination. It is broken down by company size and updated bi-annually. Order the 2018 NC Policies & Benefits Survey here.
This year, we will be participating in the National Policies & Benefits Survey for 2021-2022, conducted by the Employer Associations of America. Data collection will be open this fall, with a survey release in spring 2021. This approach will provide our members with valuable information from the WCI service area as well as nationally. Members were invited to submit data in October 2020.
As an interim help for the late 2020 renewal season, we conducted a member survey of medical benefit plans. See the 2020 Health Benefits Update here.
North Carolina Healthcare Benefits & Cost Survey
The North Carolina Healthcare Benefits & Cost Survey is a valuable statewide tool for comparing an organization's medical, dental, and vision costs to market, as well as information needed to manage their employee health plans. The data was obtained from hundreds of employers statewide, is broken down by employer size and industry, and is updated bi-annually. Order Form
HR Quick Surveys
HR Quick Surveys are available only to members and are a great way to find out what other employers are doing in specific areas.
- To view past survey results, go to the HR Quick Survey web page (login required)
- Quick Surveys go out only to those who have signed-up. Participants are notified by email when a survey is open, complete the survey online, and are notified when the results have been compiled.
- To participate in our Quick Surveys, sign up here (login required).
- To request a Quick Survey, submit your question here (login required). We will develop the survey and schedule it.