WCI offers our members a variety of safety services to help them comply with OSHA requirements, train their people, provide expertise, and improve the safety of their workplaces. For more information, call us at 800.621.2685.
- Safety Hotline: telephone counsel with our staff safety expert
- Safety Audit: a complimentary safety audit of your work site
- Safety Training: discounted public classes and seminars
- Safety Consulting & Monitoring: on-site guidance and project work (fee for service)
Our current and upcoming safety classes are listed here. Additional training programs are also available or planned.
|Class Title||Start Date||End Date||Time|
|OSHA 30-Hour for General Industry||Jun 07, 2017||Jul 12, 2017||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Powered Industrial Truck - Train the Trainer - Hickory||Aug 15, 2017||Aug 15, 2017||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|OSHA 10-Hour for General Industry - Asheville||Sep 12, 2017||Sep 13, 2017||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|OSHA 10-Hour for General Industry - Hickory||Oct 12, 2017||Oct 13, 2017||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Powered Industrial Truck - Train the Trainer - Asheville||Oct 24, 2017||Oct 24, 2017||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Hazcom Update Training - On Demand (purchase for $95, then watch online at your convenience) Register
Additional training appears periodically on our Featured Webcast page.
- Exposure Assessments of any hazardous materials in the workplace, taking into account the material characteristics, engineering controls in use, employee proximity, and exposure duration
- Air Monitoring using NIOSH and OSHA methods when available, standard calibration practices, established exposure limits, and sample analyses from AIHA accredited laboratories
- Noise Monitoring of workplaces, including area noise measurement, facility noise mapping, and personal dosimetry; comparisons and further analyses also available
- Community Noise Surveys that measure 24-hour environmental noise outside your facility at a target area or property line and compared to local ordinances, guidelines, and standards
- Respirator Fit Testing to measure respiratory hazards and chemical exposures, plus qualitative and quantitative fit testing services and program development
The NC Department of Labor's Safety Awards Program recognizes private and public firms throughout the state that achieve and maintain good safety records. The program is designed to stimulate interest in accident prevention and to promote safety in the workplace, by providing an incentive to employers and employees to maintain a safe and healthy workplace. For more information, see the NC Department of Labor website. WCI sponsors a safety awards banquet each year for the Asheville region, by invitation only. 2017 Asheville Area Safety Awards Program press release.