Leadership For Employers
WCI, Inc. began in 1959 as an employer association, focused on helping member organizations build and perpetuate “positive employee relationships” in their workplaces. Starting with thirteen companies in six counties, WCI has grown to servicing hundreds of employers and work sites throughout Western North Carolina as well as the South Carolina Upstate and Western Virginia.
Our vision is to be recognized as the leading human resource partner for employers in Western North Carolina, collaborating to create a positive business environment. It is our mission to help our members maximize the effectiveness of their employees through leadership development, compliance training and counseling, health benefits, and by promoting a strategic culture for employee selection and retention.
Our core values are:
- Relationship - We are dedicated to earning trust, while building strong collaborative relationships.
- Integrity - We will maintain high standards of integrity by being open, honest, professional, and personable.
- Reliability - We are committed to being responsive, prompt, and thorough for those we serve.
- Expertise - We will strive to provide cutting-edge services that continually add value.
For more than 50 years, WCI has been fulfilling its role of helping organizations deal with business threats, whether in the form of third party interference, internal dysfunction, or stifling legislation. In today’s challenging economy, WCI continues to mitigate the risk of labor unrest, while prioritizing the newest risk: healthcare costs. Our commitment to our members is to continue our leadership on these and other fronts.
MEMBERSHIP IN WCI
It's not a simple thing for employers to stay current and in compliance with the ever-changing laws and best practices of the workplace. WCI can help you attract, train, and retain your most valuable asset--your people--while reducing your risks and improving your bottom line. Join hundreds of other employers and become a member of WCI. The many resources, opportunities, and workplace solutions can easily enable membership to pay for itself.Membership Benefits
- HR Advice & Counsel: unlimited telephone support from experienced professionals
- Attorney Services: four hours of free legal counsel in business and employment law
- Healthy Weight & Wellness: each member company is encouraged to send one employee through our 24-week program at no charge (two employees free for members with more than 200 employees)
- Comprehensive Surveys: Wage & Salary Survey, Policy & Benefits Survey, Healthcare Benefits Survey, all updated periodically and free to participating members (discounted to non-participating members)
- Employer News: frequent eBrief newsletters plus other online postings to keep you informed of vital trends, legislation, and guidance for employers
- Networking & Training Events: regional Lunch & Learns, Management Toolbox seminars, and HR Roundtables to keep you connected and current, at no charge to members
- Compliance Audits: free annual reviews for regulatory compliance in HR and I-9 documentation as well as low-cost handbook reviews
- Online Employer Resources: password access to HR Answers Now toolbox, employment posters and forms, HR Quick Surveys, and legislative updates of importance to employers
- Government Advocacy: WCI is part of the Employers Coalition of North Carolina, which funds lobbying efforts on behalf of NC employers
- HR Re-certification Credit: all PHR/SPHR certified professionals, employed by a WCI member, are eligible for up to 12 re-certification credits with HRCI. See instructions here. WCI is an approved training provider for both HRCI and SHRM, for continuing education credits.
- Discounted Training: public, onsite, and online class options in human resources (pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM), supervisory development, quality improvement, and safety compliance
- Health Benefit Programs: access to innovative and cost-saving group captive insurance plans through our licensed agents as well as Healthy Weight & Wellness for better employee health and lower healthcare costs
- Annual Events: invitations to our HR Forum, Issues in the Workplace interactive conference, and the WCI Annual Meeting for members
- Consulting Services: access to expert help for special projects in human resources, workforce enhancement, comprehensive surveys, safety monitoring and consulting, quality initiatives, and more
If purchased separately, the included benefits alone would cost more than $12,000 per year, but are included in your membership dues of only $14.50 per employee per year (minimum $652.50, maximum $5800.00), plus $100 per covered site (minimum $100, maximum $500). Our lobbying efforts on behalf of NC employers are funded by an optional ECNC contribution of $1.05 per employee (maximum $420). Click the red application button to apply online.
For more information, call us toll free at 800.621.2685.