Leadership For Employers
WCI, Inc. began in 1959 as an employer association, focused on helping member organizations build and perpetuate “positive employee relationships” in their workplaces. Starting with thirteen companies in six counties, WCI has grown to servicing hundreds of employers and work sites throughout Western North Carolina as well as the South Carolina Upstate and Western Virginia.
Our vision is to be recognized as the leading human resource partner for employers in Western North Carolina, collaborating to create a positive business environment. It is our mission to help our members maximize the effectiveness of their employees through leadership development, compliance training and counseling, health benefits, and by promoting a strategic culture for employee selection and retention.
Our core values are:
- Relationship - We are dedicated to earning trust, while building strong collaborative relationships.
- Integrity - We will maintain high standards of integrity by being open, honest, professional, and personable.
- Reliability - We are committed to being responsive, prompt, and thorough for those we serve.
- Expertise - We will strive to provide cutting-edge services that continually add value.
For more than 50 years, WCI has been fulfilling its role of helping organizations deal with business threats, whether in the form of third party interference, internal dysfunction, or stifling legislation. In today’s challenging economy, WCI continues to mitigate the risk of labor unrest, while prioritizing the newest risk: healthcare costs. Our commitment to our members is to continue our leadership on these and other fronts.
It's not a simple thing for employers to stay current and in compliance with the ever-changing laws and best practices of the workplace. WCI can help you attract, train, and retain your most valuable asset--your people--while reducing your risks and improving your bottom line. Join hundreds of other employers and become a member of WCI. The many resources, opportunities, and workplace solutions can easily enable membership to pay for itself.
What is included in your membership:
- HR Advice & Counsel: unlimited telephone support from experienced professionals
- Attorney Services: four hours of free legal counsel in business and employment law
- Comprehensive Surveys: Wage & Salary Survey, Policy & Benefits Survey, Healthcare Benefits Survey, all updated periodically and free to participating members (discounted to non-participating members)
- Employer News: frequent eBrief newsletters plus other online postings to keep you informed of vital trends, legislation, and guidance for employers
- Networking & Training Events: regional Lunch & Learns, Management Toolbox seminars, and HR Roundtables to keep you connected and current
- Compliance Audits: free annual reviews for regulatory compliance in safety and I-9 documentation as well as low-cost handbook reviews
- Online Employer Resources: password access to HR Answers Now toolbox, employment posters and forms, HR Quick Surveys, and legislative updates of importance to employers
- Government Advocacy: WCI is part of the Employers Coalition of North Carolina, which funds lobbying efforts on behalf of NC employers and was recently named the #1 nonprofit lobbying organization in NC
- HR Re-certification Credit: all PHR/SPHR certified professionals, employed by a WCI member, are eligible for up to 12 re-certification credits with HRCI. See instructions here. WCI is an approved provider for both HRCI and SHRM, for continuing education credits.
- Select Training Programs: Our Management Toolbox and Lunch & Learn programs are included in membership, at no charge to members.
What is also available for members as additional fee-based services:
- Discounted Training: public, onsite, and online class options in human resources (pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM), supervisory development, quality improvement, and safety compliance
- Insurance Programs: access to innovative and cost-saving healthcare and group insurance plans through our licensed agents as well as WCI Weight & Wellness program for reducing healthcare costs
- Annual Events: invitations to our HR Forum, Compensation & Benefits Summit, WCI Annual Meeting, and other special events
- Consulting Services: access to expert help for special projects in human resources, workforce enhancement, comprehensive surveys, safety monitoring and consulting, quality initiatives, and more
If purchased separately, the included benefits alone would cost more than $12,000 per year, but are included in your membership dues of only $14.50 per employee per year (minimum $652.50, maximum $5800.00), plus $100 per covered site (minimum $100, maximum $500). Our lobbying efforts on behalf of NC employers are funded by an optional ECNC contribution of $1.05 per employee (maximum $420).
For more information, call us toll free at 800.621.2685.MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION